At Sauder Courtroom Furniture we’ve built a company culture of caring for nature. We make environmental efforts that go beyond the basics to respect and protect the environment.
Environmental Stewards & Sustainable Designs
Our commitment includes responsible resourcing, conserving, recycling and continually enhancing internal processes. It’s part of our long-term commitment to our world, our employees, community, customers and future generations. Learn more about our BIFMAe3, and GREENGUARD® certifications.
Sauder Courtroom has been a proponent of designing and building environmentally responsible products since our beginning in 1934. The company continues to implement initiatives to promote environmentally responsible practices including:
- Identify and utilize suppliers who themselves operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Use wood species from suppliers practicing conservation and reforestation programs; no wood species are utilized from endangered forests.
- Utilize technology to maximize the yield per board foot.
- Recycle wood waste and scrap to fuel an on-site electric co-generation plant.
- Utilize chemicals and adhesives that are formulated to meet or exceed environmental standards.
- Recycle all scrap foam by returning it to our supplier for reprocessing.
- Collect and bundle cardboard packaging materials for recycling.
- Recycle and properly dispose of all waste liquids with licensed waste handlers.
- In addition, all of Sauder Education’s manufacturing facilities located in Archbold, Ohio, Stryker, Ohio, and New Haven, Indiana operate in methods to be in compliance with all applicable EPA and OSHA regulations.
- To further its commitment to environmental stewardship, Sauder Education is continually exploring creative, responsible ways to do business, so as to better preserve our natural resources and protect the environment for future generations.